Flower color Blue-medium blue-100B
Flower diameter 1 - 10 mm
Plant height 10 - 20 cm
Flowering month(s) March; April; May
Leaf width 2 - 3 cm; 1 - 2 cm
Leaf size 4 - 5 cm
Leaf, main color Medium green
Flower color distribution Unicolored

The Myosotis alpestris 'Bellamy Blue', commonly known as Forget-Me-Not, is a delicate and beautiful flower that blooms during the spring months of March, April, and May. With its single, unscented flowers in a stunning shade of medium blue, it is sure to catch the eye of any nature lover.

One of the distinguishing features of this particular Forget-Me-Not variety is its blunt or obtuse leaf tip. This unique characteristic adds to its overall appearance and gives it a distinct look. The leaves of the 'Bellamy Blue' have entire margins, meaning they are smooth and without any serrations.

The plant typically grows to a height of 10 to 20 centimeters, making it a perfect choice for small gardens or containers. Its compact size allows it to be easily incorporated into various landscaping designs. The leaves are relatively small, ranging from 1 to 2 centimeters in width and 4 to 5 centimeters in overall size. The main color of the leaves is a vibrant medium green, providing a lovely contrast to the blue flowers.

Speaking of flowers, the Forget-Me-Not 'Bellamy Blue' boasts a beautiful color distribution that is unicolored, meaning the entire flower is adorned in the stunning shade of blue. The medium blue color, known as blue-100B, adds a touch of elegance and tranquility to any garden or floral arrangement.

The flower diameter ranges from 1 to 10 millimeters, creating a dainty and charming look. These small blooms are perfect for adding pops of color to borders, rock gardens, or even as part of a wildflower meadow.

The Forget-Me-Not 'Bellamy Blue' is an easy-to-grow plant and is often used as groundcover or as part of a woodland garden. It thrives in moist, well-draining soil and prefers partial shade to full sun. It is also a favorite among pollinators, attracting bees and butterflies with its nectar-rich flowers.

In conclusion, the Myosotis alpestris 'Bellamy Blue' is a stunning Forget-Me-Not variety that is sure to captivate any garden enthusiast. With its blunt leaf tip, single unscented flowers, and unicolored blue petals, it adds a touch of beauty and elegance to any outdoor space. Whether used as groundcover or as part of a floral display, this charming plant is a true delight.

Market availability index by month:

Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
1 3 4 1 1 1 - - - - 1 1
logo
Authorization
You will be able to comment on articles, save materials, and customize your feed.
Terms of Use
logo