Flower color Mixed
Flower diameter 1 - 10 mm
Plant height 10 - 20 cm
Inflorescence Raceme
Flowering month(s) March; April; May
Leaf width 2 - 3 cm; 1 - 2 cm
Leaf size 4 - 5 cm; 3 - 4 cm
Leaf, main color Medium green

The Myosotis alpestris Bellamy mixed, commonly known as the Forget-me-not, is a beautiful and delicate flower that adds a touch of color to any garden or landscape. With its vibrant mixed flower colors, ranging from soft blues to bright pinks and purples, this plant is sure to catch the eye of anyone passing by.

One of the notable features of this species is its blunt or obtuse leaf tip. This distinctive characteristic adds to the uniqueness and charm of the Forget-me-not. The entire leaf margin further contributes to the overall appearance of the plant, making it a visually appealing addition to any garden.

Measuring between 1 to 10 mm in diameter, the single flowers of the Forget-me-not are small yet breathtaking. These flowers are neatly arranged in a raceme inflorescence, forming a clustered and attractive display. The flowering period of this species falls between March and May, providing a burst of color during the early spring months.

In terms of size, the Forget-me-not typically grows to a height of 10 to 20 cm. Its compact nature makes it a perfect choice for borders, rock gardens, or container planting. The medium green hue of the leaves complements the mixed flower colors, creating a harmonious and visually pleasing arrangement.

The leaves of the Forget-me-not have varying dimensions. The width of the leaves ranges from 2 to 3 cm, while the size can reach between 4 to 5 cm in length. Their smaller counterparts measure around 1 to 2 cm in width and 3 to 4 cm in length. The combination of these different leaf sizes adds texture and depth to the overall appearance of the plant.

Caring for the Forget-me-not is relatively easy. This species prefers areas with partial shade and moist, well-drained soil. Regular watering is necessary, especially during dry spells, to maintain healthy growth. Deadheading the spent flowers can encourage prolonged bloom and prevent self-seeding.

In conclusion, the Myosotis alpestris Bellamy mixed, or Forget-me-not, is a charming and colorful addition to any garden. Its mixed flower colors, blunt leaf tip, and attractive inflorescence make it a visually stunning plant. With its compact size and easy care requirements, the Forget-me-not is a perfect choice for gardeners looking to add a touch of beauty to their outdoor space.

Market availability index by month:

Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May Jun. Jul. Aug. Sep. Oct. Nov. Dec.
1 3 4 1 - - - - - - - -
logo
Authorization
You will be able to comment on articles, save materials, and customize your feed.
Terms of Use
logo