Plant height 2,5 - 3 m
Flowering month(s) June; July; August; September
Structure (tissues) Woody
Leaf duration Deciduous
soil pH requirement Indifferent
Plant, growth type Climbing
Flower color distribution Multi-colored; With trace
Soil type Humus rich

Clematis tangutica 'My Angel', also known as Virgin's Bower, is a stunning climbing vine that adds beauty and charm to any garden. This cultivar exhibits several impressive characteristics that make it a popular choice among gardeners.

One notable feature of Clematis tangutica 'My Angel' is its crosswise opposite leaf arrangement. This means that the leaves grow directly opposite each other on the stem, creating an attractive and symmetrical look. The leaves are deciduous, meaning they will fall off in the winter, but their vibrant green color ensures they make a statement during the growing season.

The flowers of 'My Angel' are single blooms that come in various sizes, ranging from 3.5 to 6 cm in diameter. The flower color ranges from yellow to red, creating a captivating display of multi-colored petals. Some flowers even have a trace of both colors, further adding to the visual appeal.

'Clematis tangutica 'My Angel' exhibits good winter hardness, making it suitable for USDA zones 5 and 6. It can withstand colder temperatures, ensuring that it will survive even in regions with harsh winters. This resilience allows gardeners to enjoy its beauty year after year.

When it comes to soil preferences, 'My Angel' is fairly easygoing. It can thrive in soil with a pH that is indifferent, meaning it does not require specific acidity or alkalinity levels. However, it does prefer soil that is rich in humus, as this provides the necessary nutrients for optimal growth.

In terms of growth type, 'My Angel' is a climbing vine. This means that it requires support, such as a trellis or wall, to grow and flourish. Its woody structure allows it to cling onto surfaces securely, ensuring stability even in windy conditions. This growth habit makes it a fantastic choice for adding vertical interest to gardens or covering unsightly structures.

'Clematis tangutica 'My Angel' blooms from June to September, providing a long-lasting display of colorful flowers. This extended flowering period ensures that the vine remains visually striking throughout the summer months, adding a touch of elegance to any outdoor space.

In conclusion, Clematis tangutica 'My Angel' is a versatile and beautiful climbing vine that offers an array of impressive characteristics. From its crosswise opposite leaf arrangement to its vibrant and multi-colored flowers, this cultivar is sure to catch the eye. Its good winter hardiness, easy soil preferences, and climbing growth habit further add to its appeal. Consider adding 'My Angel' to your garden to enjoy its beauty and charm year after year.

logo
Authorization
You will be able to comment on articles, save materials, and customize your feed.
Terms of Use
logo